Expertise in Pain Management, Musculoskeletal, OB/GYN, Psychiatry and General Diseases
- Trained in both Western and Oriental Medicine
- California Licensed Acupuncturist
- 12 Years of High Quality Medical Education, Training in Oriental Medicine & Western Medicine in US & China
- Undergraduate University: University of California, Los Angeles
- Studied Medicine: Touro University
- Studied Oriental Medicine: Dongguk University of Los Angeles
- Top 1% of Class/Profession, Summa Cum Laude Honor
- Extensive clinical experiences at UCLA Ronald Reagan and UCLA Santa Monica Hospital, Beijing Traditional Chinese Medical Hospital, etc.
Dr. Yifan Feng is a top-notched California Board Certified Acupuncturist with extensive academic and clinical experiences. Dr. Yifan Feng did his undergraduate study at UCLA, prior to pursuing studying medicine at Touro University. Intrigued by the opportunity of Oriental Medicine and Eastern Medicine, he pursued studying Oriental Medicine at Dongguk University of Los Angeles. He graduated at top 1% of his class with Summa Cum Laude Honor. He helped more than hundreds of patients at UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital, UCLA Santa Monica Hospital, and Beijing Traditional Chinese Medical Hospital. He has extensive knowledge in pain management, musculoskeletal, obstetric and gynecology, psychiatry and general diseases.
Educational Background and Professional Commitment
Dr. Yifan Feng’s interest to practice Traditional Chinese Medicine is the result of a multitude of rewarding experiences during each stage of his academic, clinical and professional career.
Born in China, Dr. Feng was exposed to Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine at a young age. Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine is an integral part of healthcare system in China. Traditional Chinese Medicine is not only effective in treating musculoskeletal disorders, but also gynecological disorders, and dermatological diseases, as well as many complicated conditions.
After finishing his undergraduate study at UCLA, Dr. Feng went to Beijing, and worked at Beijing Traditional Chinese Medical Hospital. He worked with famous doctors such as Dr. Liang (Ophthalmologist), Dr. Qing (Ophthalmologist), and Dr. Tang (Internal Medical Doctor), experts in their respective fields. Dr. Feng saw the seamless integration of Western Medicine and Eastern Medicine to treat diverse disease. Since then, Dr. Feng sought to master both Western Medicine and Oriental Medicine.
Dr. Feng pursued Western Medicine at Touro University. He mastered all curriculums such as Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Internal Medicine. Having a strong foundation in Western Medicine, understanding lab test, diagnostic imaging, and medications is crucial to successfully treating patients in clinical settings.
After studying Western Medicine, Dr. Feng returned to Los Angeles, and studied at Dongguk University Los Angeles for Oriental Medicine. Oriental Medicine is more focused on holistic method of treating patient. That is in order to diagnose and treat, practitioner is not just looking at the symptom, but the patient’s general body conditions including: warm/cold, sleep, taste, thirst, bowel movement, tongue and pulse. Dr. Feng received many honor and awards during his dedicated training.
As an acupuncturist and traditional Chinese medicine doctor, Dr. Feng is committed to deliver best treatment to patients, being highly responsible to patients, and being dedicated to the profession. Dr. Feng will compassionately deliver the highest quality of health care using acupuncture and herbal treatment.
Presentations & Publications
- “Head Needle Acupuncture Effects on Broca’s Aphasia/Motor Aphasia” in Invention of Jiao’s Head Acupuncture
- “East & West Medical Treatment of a Case of Rheumatoid Arthritis” in International Conference on Developments of Chinese Medicine
- “Meridian Acupuncture Treats Prolonged Hospitalization Patient with Gastric Bypass Due to Multiple Complications and Pain” in International Conference on Developments of Chinese Medicine